Monday, May 17, 2010

Please Check Your Spam Folder

I am always glad to read your mail, and I respond to each one (unless of course you're a Yankee fan ... just kidding). But if your mail box doesn't recognize my email address, it will automaticaly throw my reply into the Spam bin. My email address contains my name so keep an eye out for it. Send a note through my web site.

The Boston Bruins are no more; the Boston Celtics won the first game of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals last night, beating the tough Orlando Magic 92-88. The Boston Red Sox are flailing and it's not a pretty sight. It's a long season, however, and we have plenty of hope and Sam Adams to see us through.

I am just opening the first pages of David Remnick's book "The Bridge". Since I am a fan of the President's, I look forward to learning more about him. Ian McEwan's "Solar" is on its way. We've been fans of this British author since the publication of his immensely readable "Saturday", and subsequent books have reinforced our first impression of a literary talent of significant measure. Loved "The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo", followed by "The Girl Who Played With Fire", and eagerly anticipate the completion of the trilogy with "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest", due in stores next week.

(Stieg Larsson, who lived in Sweden, was the editor in chief of the magazine Expo and a leading expert on antidemocratic right-wing extremist and Nazi organizations. He died in 2004, shortly after delivering the manuscripts for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.)

I tape the daily 30-minute program featuring chef Ina Garten on The Food Network, and always print out at least one of her dishes. The lady can cook and she focuses on easy, delicious things to make. Cooking is one of life's more meaningful pleasures it seems to me.

I'm babbling. Goodbye. And check that Spam box!

No comments: