Friday, April 10, 2009

I would never mislead you ...

In the interest of full disclosure, I must write that the Iridium gig listed below will be led by supreme reed player and old friend Ken Peplowski who graciously asked me to sing a few tunes in each of the two sets the band will perform nightly in tribute to Benny Goodman. I sang with one of Benny's small but flawless groups in the mid-1960's, which may be one of the reasons Ken asked me to participate. Luckily for the audience, I have not also been asked to repeat any of my own personal interactions with BG although I think they are all pretty hilarious. Well, there are tons of "Benny stories", a good many of which have been published by jazz historian and ambulatory encyclopedia Bill Crow in his must-have volumes "Jazz Anecdotes" and "From Birdland to Broadway".

******************************************
CAROL SLOANE
Joins An All-Star Jazz Line-up At

The Iridium
1650 Broadway at 51st Street
New York City

212.582.2121 - May 8, 9, 10

Shows: 8:30 & 10:30 PM
$35.00

A BENNY GOODMAN CENTENNIAL

Featuring:

Ken Peplowski
Warren Vache
Ted Rosenthal
Chuck Redd
Pat O'Leary

No comments: