Saturday, January 24, 2015

Take Notes ....

The first significant snow of the season has blanketed the parking lot and its occupants with about four to five inches of the fluffy type.  At least that is the depth estimate I made minutes ago when I used the new long-handle device I bought a few weeks ago just for the purpose of clearing the roof my 2005 Dodge. Official numbers will be available very soon on the local news channels, stats which will be presented with breathless incredulity.  Six inches. HAH!  Six feet were more like it when I was a kid.

*******************************
I want to thank all who sent me messages of sympathy and condolence because of Buck's passing in November.  Before we were married in 1986, I had been alone for 28 years so I have some experience of the solo life.  I'm eaasing into it, and it's becoming more and more normal, I have to admit, even when the sudden lightening bolt moments strike and I realize he's gone forever.  Those are tsunamis to which I respond accordingly: I sit or stand quite still, allowing the grief to wash over me.

*******************************
I am becoming very excited about the forthcoming May gig, and I will be pleased to provide all essential details when terms are finalized.  For now I can only reveal that if you want to be there, you must possess a valid passport.

*******************************

Secondly, may I please assure all of you who kindly take the time to write that I have published each of your comments with a response of my own.  To read these, just click the Comments button at the bottom of the page to which you wrote.  For example, there are several nice ones at the end of the December 14, 2014 post, just below this one.  Yours is there.

********************************

THE SPRING JAZZ VOCAL WORKSHOP:  Classes will commence Feb. 28 and run for consecutive Saturdays to March 28.  Interested singers should write me at ellcar537@aol.com for details.  Class is limited to twelve students.

********************************

One final note: I think the accusations that Tom Brady and/or Coach Bill Belichick ever ordered the deflation of any footballs during the Pats-Colts Championship Game are spiteful.  The implication is that the Patriots are incapable of winning without resorting to unscrupulous tactics, an allegation I find highly offensive.  The sports writers have certainly been handed a juicy bit of fill during the two-week lull before the Super Bowl, and the vultures are feasting on the dying carcass.  Unfortunately, we haven't heard the last of it.

Onward to Arizona and victory for the New England Patriots!




No comments: